Whorton Insurance Services is an independent insurance agency located in Austin, TX who service the contiguous United States.
The mission of our agency is to provide the insurance protection our clients need by offering quality products, excellent service, and guaranteed value. We are committed to finding the best insurance solutions for you, your family and your business.
As an independent agency, we represent multiple insurance companies. We are able to compare coverage and prices in order to offer you the greatest value for your needs. In addition, we combine years of experience with cutting edge products to provide exceptional service to all of our policyholders.
We value the opportunity to discuss all of your insurance needs with you. Call us today and allow us to demonstrate our dedication to prompt, friendly service and superior customer care.
How to start a claim?
At Whorton Insurance Services, we know that the manner in which we handle your claim is one of the most important aspects of our relationship with you. We pledge to assist you in any way we can with each step of the claims process.
To report a claim during business hours, please call our agency at our local phone numbers as soon as possible. We will direct you concerning the next steps you need to take in the claims process.
Outside of business hours, please contact your insurance carrier directly, then contact us as soon as possible.
The following information may be helpful to you immediately following an accident.
- Call our office to report the damage.
- We will verify your coverage/deductible and then advise you on how to get it repaired.
One Vehicle Accident:
- Stop your vehicle and move it to a safe place.
- Determine if you or any passengers are injured. Call for medical assistance if needed.
- Call our office as soon as possible to report the accident. We will verify your coverage/deductible and then advise you to obtain estimates for repairs.
Two (or more) Vehicle Accident:
- Stop your vehicle and move it to a safe place, if possible.
- Remain at the scene of the accident, and determine if you or any passengers are injured. Call for medical assistance if needed.
- Exchange the following information with the other driver(s): names, addresses, telephone numbers, type and ownership of vehicles, insurance information and a description of damages.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Call the police. Cooperate with the police and answer all of their questions.
- Do not admit fault to anyone. You do not have all of the facts about the accident yet.
- If your vehicle must be towed, ask that it be taken to a repair shop of your choice.
- Call our office and report the accident as soon as possible. Our staff will verify your coverage/deductible and set up your claim with the insurance company that carries your policy.
Used Car Buying Tips
Check a vehicle’s history:
Obtain the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and run a vehicle title history report from one of these online services: www.carfax.com or www.autocheck.com
What is a vehicle’s value?
This service provides trusted information for buying and selling vehicles: www.kbb.com
Got a teen driver?
Visit this site for tips on feeling safe and everything else teen-driver-related. A valuable resource for both teens and parents: www.teendriving.com
Keep up with your medications:
Do you sometimes have trouble remembering whether or not you have taken your prescription meds or vitamins? These pharmacy dispensing systems will presort and customize your meds into convenient pill packets for your peace of mind: www.dailymedrx.com and www.myonepac.org
Read the Label:
This government agency encourages drivers to read their medicine labels before getting behind the wheel. Some over-the-counter meds may cause drowsiness and other side effects that could interfere with an individual’s ability to drive safely: www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates
Help for Homeowners
Free Home Inventory:
This website offers free online home inventory software. With secure online storage, your inventory is safe. You can access it anywhere, anytime: http://knowyourstuff.org/iii/login.html
The calculators featured on this site are designed to assist you in identifying issues that need to be taken into consideration when determining investment options suitable for you.
However, the calculators should not be seen as a substitute for professional advice from a financial planner who takes into account your personal financial circumstances and needs.
We strongly recommend that you discuss your requirements with a qualified financial adviser, who can take into account your personal financial position and can help you choose a strategy that suits your own personal circumstances.
- Auto Loan Calculator
- Auto Lease vs. Buy Calculator
- Home Loan Calculator
- Life Insurance Needs Calculator
- Mortgage Calculator